We carry out mouth cancer checks for all of our patients at every routine visit.
Unfortunately, mouth cancer is becoming more prevalent, so it is important to be aware of any changes that occur within your mouth – especially if they do not resolve after a few weeks.
While the exact cause of mouth cancer is unknown, lifestyle factors such as smoking may aggravate the likelihood of developing it.
Mouth cancer is identified by abnormal cell growth, resulting in tumours forming in the mouth, on the lips or tongue, and in the throat.
Possible signs and symptoms of mouth or oral cancer include:
- Lumps in the mouth, on the tongue or the lips
- Bleeding or swelling in the mouth on the tongue or the lips
- Pain when chewing, swallowing or speaking
- Red or white patches in the mouth
- Numbness of the lips or mouth
- Sores that do not heal
If you have noticed any changes or unusual symptoms in your mouth, please click here or call 01792 368547 to book an appointment.BACK TO TREATMENTS